[Tutorial] A Follow Button For Your Lovely Blog
Saturday, December 2, 2017 | 5:47 AM | 1
comment(s)
Olla, bloggie!
It's been a week since my last post and now I'm back with a tutorial~
So...
Before we're jumping to the main topic, here's a background story behind this post.
This week, I've spent most of my free time to do some blogwalking.
Yep, blogwalking. Why blogwalking? Ofc because it's less consuming energy, it's not forcing you to walk under the hot sun, it can be done under any circumstance, and it's especially great for a lazy bun like me who won't easily leave her bed all alone.
While I'm doing my walk, I realize something uhm kinda upsetting I guess?
It's the 'no follow button' !
Bleh. You have a nice writing, update your blog frequently, it's literally an ideal blog you need to keep your eyes on but you're upsetting so many souls out there just because you forget or don't know how to put up a follow button on your blog. That's a total disaster!
But I don't need followers.I need you more.
Well, that's actually your choice tho. If you are a careless person who doesn't mind your reader's feeling then I hope you will soon get some enlightenment about how important it's to keep you engange with your readers.
But if you don't wanna be a dissapointment to your readers, then try this tutorial. Learning something new won't hurt you anyway.

P.s : My follow button is up there, at the top-left corner of the page hehe in case you're wondering tho
It's been a week since my last post and now I'm back with a tutorial~
So...
Before we're jumping to the main topic, here's a background story behind this post.
This week, I've spent most of my free time to do some blogwalking.
Yep, blogwalking. Why blogwalking? Ofc because it's less consuming energy, it's not forcing you to walk under the hot sun, it can be done under any circumstance, and it's especially great for a lazy bun like me who won't easily leave her bed all alone.
While I'm doing my walk, I realize something uhm kinda upsetting I guess?
It's the 'no follow button' !
But I don't need followers.
Well, that's actually your choice tho. If you are a careless person who doesn't mind your reader's feeling then I hope you will soon get some enlightenment about how important it's to keep you engange with your readers.
But if you don't wanna be a dissapointment to your readers, then try this tutorial. Learning something new won't hurt you anyway.
- Make sure you're choosing the right profile. You should set your 'User Profile' as 'Blogger' not 'Google+'. Why? Because choosing google+ as your profile will only lead anyone to your google+ profile, and it means they're not following your blog but your google+ account. In other words, they won't know your recent updates since you're not in their reading list.

Go to Blogger Dashboard -> Settings -> User Settings -> Blogger
- Install followers widget. Moving on from the Setting tab to the Layout tab. As you can see, here we can see several parts of your blog page. Most blog layouts will have the partition as such: Favicon, Sidebar, Header, Page List, Page Body, Footer. I won't explain it any further since it will be sickening, seriously. Ok, so let's take this followers widget to sidebar. You can actually choose wherever you like either it's on sidebar top or bottom, it's all based on your own preference.

Still in dashboard -> Layout -> Add a Gadget - After you click on the 'Add a Gadget' button, there will be new pop-up window coming out. Scroll thru the list till you find the 'Followers' widget, then click on the '+' button beside it.

Click the blue '+' button - The click on the '+' button will move us to another page. Here you can see an orange text 'Configure Followers List'. Set it however you want then hit the save button in the bottom.

Configure it however you like -> Save when finished - As you can see, there's new item added up to the 'Sidebar' column named Followers. It shows you've successfully install your followers widget! Don't think twice, let's hit the 'Save arragement' button and see what changes you've made to your blog.

Make sure the followers gadget has properly installed -> Save Arragement -> View Blog - YOOOOHOOO ! You made it! The follow button is finally here! You just save your blog, thanks to me
And now you can go ask your friends or scream your lungs out on the street for people to hit that follow button. 
Mission accomplished
P.s : My follow button is up there, at the top-left corner of the page hehe in case you're wondering tho



