+Follow | Dashboard
HER's
How I Can Improve My Writing Skills
Thursday, November 23, 2017 | 9:19 PM | 2 comment(s)

Olla! I’m back after long hibernation from blogging hahaha
Well, tbh I have no intention of opening this dusty blog ever again but since I have a reeeeaally important writing that I need to post here, so, yep here I am.

What is this so called reeeeaally-important-writing will be about? The assigned title is ‘How I Can Improve My Writing Skills’. Before we jump to the topic, let me remind you that this paragraph will fully based on my own experiences or probably my future-plans. For that reason, my comment box is open for everyone who'd like to share their thoughts! Critics and suggestions are hightly appreciated❤


The first and the most helpful: Read more, as much as possible.
Eh?? Wys? Are you drunk? This is writing we’re talking about, not reading. Let me ask you something then. What skill do you need before being able to write?  Read. What is it that you write? Alphabet, word. Can you make a good writing if you don’t have enough vocabulary? No. Do you think people will like it when you keep on using the same words? Ofc, no.

Vocabularies hold a crucial part in writings. Like it or no, make sure to be always in contact with English. It doesn’t have to be something big like writing an essay or article, start with something simple like updating your status, snapgram and caption in English. Or in case you are not a social-media geek and prefer something more private like direct message, you can do the chatting with your friends in English. I always do this with my internet friends which is mostly a foreigner, it’s fun because they won’t mock me and it’s less embarrassing too :D Plus, real interactions will be more beneficial in many ways, you’ll get to know a lot of uncommon words, I mean something like ‘bahasa gaul’ and slangs, something that rarely be found during the lecture.

Another tips is that you can also count on entertainment as your source of improving your skill. Fyi, I’m a movie / series trash, it’s one of my stress reliever. From animation to medical series, I watch them all with English subtitle. It’s a lie if I say I fully understand them all. Watching medical and political movie is quite challenging since I’m not familiar with the terms. But it won’t stop me.


In conclusion, it’s all depend on your own efforts. If you really want to improve your skills, then do it with all your might. Talk with yourself in English, write your diary in English, let English take over your world. If anyone ever badmouthing you, saying you’re being cocky to talk in English while we’re still in Indonesia, let them be. And the last but not the least, write, write, write and write. There are no shortcut to improvements other than working hard. 

Labels:


NEW | OLD